Just thought I’d share some news with you from Full Figured Fashion Week! I am getting SO excited and planning all my outfits to every event!!! Peter and I are going down about 4 days before all of the fashion week events get started to hang out and act like cheesy tourists. Last time I went down for Full Figured Fashion Week, I had all these amazing adventures planned around the city, but my days just got filled so quickly with fabulous fashion events (and shopping) that I didn’t get to any of them! So I figured I would make a trip out of this with Peter and make sure that we got to see a whole bunch of cool stuff. Peter and I have been together for just less than 14 years now, and we’ve NEVER been on vacation together. Can you believe that? We’ve done single-night trips to Niagara Falls and such, but never a full vacation. This will be the first one. I’ve been in school FOREVER and we just couldn’t afford it… So that makes me even more excited for this trip!
I’ve been thinking about what I should pack and what outfits to wear for which events, and I just got great news today that a major formal wear designer will be dressing me for the runway shows, and I am going for a fitting in NYC once I get down there. Eeep! So excited! I’m not going to tell you who it is, though… You’ll have to wait to find that one out. All I can say is that I am sure the looks are going to be fantastic! I’m not sure exactly what they’ll be yet (which freaks me out a little because I am a total type-A personality and I like to plan everything) but everything on their website is totally killer, and they’ve assured me they’ll have lots available in my size, so I’m going to stop worrying now. I might have to pick up some accessories to style the looks when I’m in NYC, but who’s complaining about that?
Check out the schedule for Full Figured Fashion Week!
Day 1 – Wednesday, June 13, 2012
- Press Reception – 1-3:30pm, Location TBA, by invite only
- All-White Sunset Cruise – 6:45-11pm, Harbor Lights Yacht, Skyport Marina @ 23rd Street and FDR Drive
Day 2 – Thursday, June 14, 2012
- “My Curves, My Style” – A Curvy Girl’s Guide To Personal Style Workshop – 9:30-11:30am, Affinia Manhattan Hotel – Grand Ballroom (Mezzanine Level) 371 Seventh Avenue, (corner of 31st and 7th) New York, NY
- “Curves In The City” – The Official FFFWEEK™ Shopping Event (Day 1) – 10am-2pm, 29 W. 36th Street (bet. 5th and 6th Aves.), 3rd Floor New York, NY
- “Building Your Brand Through Social Media: Blogging 101 Workshop” – 12:30-2:30pm, Affinia Manhattan Hotel – Grand Ballroom (Mezzanine Level) 371 Seventh Avenue, (corner of 31st and 7th) New York, NY
- “Full Figured Fashion Week™ @Bloomingdales” – 5-7pm, Bloomingdales New York City (5th floor, near the Women’s Dept.) 1000 Third Avenue @59th Street New York, NY
- “Curves, Connections & Cocktails” – A Small Business Networking Event – 6-10pm, District 36 (nightclub) 29 W. 36th Street (bet. 5th and 6th Aves.) New York, NY
Day 3 – Friday, June 15, 2012
- The Sonsi Blogger “Be-You-Tiful” Pop-Up Party – 9:30am – noon, Location TBA, by invite only
- “Curves In The City” – The Official FFFWEEK™ Shopping Event (Day 2) – 12am-4pm, 29 W. 36th Street (bet. 5th and 6th Aves.), 3rd Floor New York, NY
- “Fashion And Entertainment Arts Legal Panel” – 1-3pm, 320 West 37th Street (bet. 8th and 9th Aves), 14th Floor New York, NY
- Indie Designers Showcase (Semi-Formal Attire) – 6-9pm, Broad Street Ballroom, 41 Broad Street New York, NY
Day 4 – Saturday, June 16, 2012
- Full Figured Fashion Week Fitness Event – 11am-1pm, Location TBA
- Retailers/Boutiques Runway Showcase And Industry Awards Ceremony (Semi-Formal) – 6-9pm, Broad Street Ballroom, 41 Broad Street New York, NY
More details about each of the events (and ticket sales) are available here.
For the All White Sunset Cruise, all guests are asked to wear mostly white (but you can add little pops of colour with your accessories). I already have something in mind that I’m thinking of wearing, and it will actually be added to my own webstore (www.yourBIGsisterscloset.com) once I get the sample in. I think it’s going to be really beautiful, and I can’t wait for it to arrive *eagerly checks mailbox*. I am planning on adding little sea-faring touches with my accessories, and I think it’s going to be a really beautiful beachy look, with maybe some coral and seafoam added in for good measure. Ah, now I’m giving too much away! But I am actually having a much harder time styling Peter. As many of you know, he is not really a fashion-oriented sort of lad, he actually sometimes thinks I’m sort of ridiculous and makes fun of me when we take pictures, haha: